Bringing the idea of an online platform to provide riding gears was backed up by a crazy experience of one of the founders, the C.E.O himself. It was time of a dark night in the streets of the valley where he last saw his helmet. The next morning before he could see it again, someone had stolen it. Walking along the streets to find a helmet store caused nothing but trouble. That was when the idea struck his mind and since then, the C.E.O along with his co-founder shaped the idea of providing riding gears to people online.
In this version of the blog, we cover one of our founder who is also our C.E.O, Mr. Sajal Joshi. With the belief that “Investment in safety matters”, let me take you to the products that Mr. Joshi uses to keep himself protected while riding.
1.The motorbike that he currently uses :
Honda CBR 250 r.
2. The helmet of his choice:
LS2 FF323 Arrow Carbon Helmet
The LS2 Arrow Carbon Helmet is a high performance, full-face helmet designed by racers for racers. The LS2 FF323 Helmet was developed by designers and engineers in Spain, working with Moto 2, Moto 3 and MotoGP riders. Together they’ve made the safest, most innovative performance helmet on the market.
Buy this from Helmets Nepal (LS2 FF323 Arrow Carbon Helmet)
- Lightweight, aerodynamic Kevlar® carbon fiber helmet shell
- Channeled EPS
- Quick release shield system
- Pinlock / Fog Fighter-ready 3D optically correct face shield with tear-off posts
- Removable and washable comfort liner
- Removable chin curtain
- Breath deflector
- Top and chin vents with exhaust port in back
- Double D-ring metal security plate reinforced strap
- Emergency release system cheek pads with laser cut foam
- 3 shell sizes
- ECE 22.05 certified
3. The current jacket that Mr. Joshi prefers:
Alpha TSR 2
The Alpha TSR 2 is made by Alpha Riding Gear, a Nepali motorcycle clothing company that actually produces high quality certified safety gear.
Buy this from Helmets Nepal (Alpha TSR 2)
- Nylon D600 Cordura Fabric/MexTex D1600 ( in impact area )/ Nylon Mesh Outer Construction
- High Quality Velcro Neck and Wrist Closure
- High Quality Velcro Waist Adjuster
- Reflective Panels for Better Visibility at Night
- WaterProof Pockets
- Removable Inner WaterProof Reissa Liner and Warm Thermal Liner
- Removable Ce Certified PU Armors in the Shoulders and Elbows
- Removable Triple Layered Back Protector and Single Layered Compact foam Chest Pads
4. The current gloves in use:
Akito Summer Breeze
The Akito Summer Breeze Armoured Motorcycle Gloves are made for riding on hot sunny days. The full grain leather on the palm, knuckles and thumbs makes for a sophisticated look, while the polyester outer mesh minimises sweat with its breathable properties. The foam inserts and velcro wrist adjuster ensures a fit suited to you without compromising on comfort and maneuverability.
5. The smoothness of the bike depends upon the tyre too. The C.E.O’s choice is:
Michelin is one of the best tire companies in the world. It is the most innovative tire manufacturer in the world and produces best quality product and increases the mileage of the vehicles.
Buy this from Helmets Nepal (Michelin Tyre)
- Strong sidewall for load capacity.
- Robust shoulder for protection on difficult roads.
- Better mileage on straight paths
- Excellent grip on curve roads
- Optimum bridging technology
6. The lubricant that goes best for his bike:
Shell 100% Synthetic
Shell Advance (100% Synthetic) brings world-class technological insights, offering you the best formulations for your vehicle. This engine oil is formulated to cool, clean and protect your motorcycle, improving engine life.
Buy this from Helmets Nepal (Shell Advance)
- Provides 28 percentage more protection at engine start up compared to inferior oils
- Clean engine maintains true pickup of the bike
- Meets API SM performance specification
- Reduces engine noise and vibration
- Protect and prolongs engine life
- More efficient power delivery and enhance responsiveness
Besides being one of the founder of Helmets Nepal, Mr. Joshi is also a passionate yet cautious rider. He believes that one should have proper riding etiquettes and respect for other riders on the road.
Blog By: Yashaswi Surana